From the beginning of Tahuri Whenua there have been annual projects aligned to Massey University in Palmerston North, sometimes also in association with Lincoln University in Canterbury, which relate to a range of crops and topics and which have contributed to the maintenance of plants and seed or led to occasional workshops or hui.
- 2015-16 project with Kokihi and Puha undertaken by Marcos Schleiden Sousa Carvalho, from Brazil.
- 2014-15 Seed bank maara, Palmerston North – involves Pauline Maua (Papua New Guinea) and Mesulame Tora (Fiji).
- Photos from the 2014 harvest of kumara trials at Ohakea (Rangitikei). See pictures here
- Taewa production trials – yield measurements throughout the 2007 season. See pictures here
- Planting Taewa trials for the 2007-08 season (November 2007). See pictures here